Today marks the 200th days of non-stop writing here on 200wordsaday. It is not a comfortable journey, but I start getting used to it to make sure there are some ideas to write every morning. There are still times that even though I have ideas but can't write out anything, instead of letting myself stuck there, I will just come out with something new to write.
For this particular day, I would like to share how I come out with all these writing ideas. The core idea of my writing engine is I capture my writing ideas to my todoist / trello since I know I need to write daily, as long as something worth to write, I will note down the ideas. It might be just a few words or a hyperlink, as long as I feel inspired or I feel I have some opinion on the topic, I will capture it and review it every morning before I start writing.
My ideas coming from these
- Daily Life - I talk about my family and children sometimes.
- Daily working - freelancer's life got lots of things to tell.
- Product journey - I have lots of things to tell while I am building my product.
- Personal Performance - While I try to tweak my performance, I note down things that work and not working.
- Routine post idea - I have a bi-weekly post on my dev journal and monthly post on my goal tracking.
- Tweets - I read a lot from Twitter and give me quite a few ideas sometime.
- 200wad posts - I get inspired sometimes while reading other post or reply other's 200wad post
- Checking through my own old 200wad posts also sometime bring some new ideas
I hope these ideas help if you just start to write on 200wad or those already join #TeamStreak but still struggle with what to write.
Toward the next milestone 300th post.